Other Transport Equipment Operators and Related Workers

In this group of occupations, employees work with people and equipment in the transportation industry, maintaining equipment and marshalling passengers and cargo. They are employed by airline and air services companies and the federal government.


  • High school diploma.
  • On-the-job training.
  • Boat operators need a Transport Canada certificate.
  • Ramp attendants usually need a driverís license and a good driving record.
  • Railway yard workers need to challenge a specific level of the certificate of the Canadian Rail operating rules.