University Professors and Assistants

University professors teach courses to undergraduate and graduate students enrolled in colleges, universities and other degree granting institutions. Teaching and research assistants organize reference and other materials, conduct literature searches, seminars and laboratory sessions, assist professors in teaching and marking essays and exams and perform other duties as assigned. Assistants also continue to do research and report in their area of specialization.


  • University degree, college diploma or CEGEP.
  • Graduate degree.
  • PhD (doctoral degree).
  • You may also need licenses or professional certifications to teach in regulated fields like medicine, law, psychology, engineering and architecture.