Therapy and Assessment Professionals

Therapy assessment professionals work in health care settings, carrying out a variety of tasks, depending on their field of specialty. All of them work with patients who need various kinds of therapy to help them recover from illness or injury or to maximize their potential health and well being, despite limitations on their health.


  • Therapy and assessment professionals require a university degree or college diploma and a period of supervised training.
  • Audiologists or speech-language pathologists need a graduate degree or equivalent and membership in the Canadian Association of Speech- Language Pathologists and Audiologists.
  • Graduation from an occupational therapy program approved by the World Federation of Occupational Therapists (WFOT) may be acceptable.
  • Successful completion of the national certification exam for occupational therapists.
  • Occupational therapists may need to be a member of the Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists.

Future Prospects:

These occupations will have small but sustained increases in employment over the next ten years.

Job Prospects